Thursday, April 16, 2009

Sushi & Music






Oh man, did I have a great time last night devouring some culture! So technically this post is a day late, but I was too busy having fun to post. So really, this is for April 15. I'll post something later today or tonight to make up for tardiness. Anyway, back to the subject.

Last night I went to a concert in St. Paul with my sister and her boyfriend. Before that we went out for sushi, something we do not have in Brainerd, sadly. Now why is this art? Just take a look at the food! Even the composition of the plate is beautiful! Color, texture . . . TASTE! Love those little eel pyramids . . . so artistic. I highly, highly recommend Sakura restaurant for awesome deals and excellent food. But watch out for the sake. Hmmm. Jury is still out on that.

After dinner we walked (yes WALKED . . . gorgeous night!) to the concert and saw one of my favorite bands ever, DCFC. The show was amazing. I thought my little smuggled in point and click did a fantastic job of capturing the band in a dark venue.

So my art is pretty evident today. Sushi and music. Two forms of art I have really come to appreciate and crave. Expect to see more of it. I am addicted to both.

No comments: