Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Grass Gone Wild




As I scoured the ground tonight, I was looking for something green. Some little sign that Spring has finally {finally!} arrived. Sure, I saw some fungus stuff on trees, and blades of grass poking through . . . but what caught my eye tonight was the stuff that was far past its prime. Dry browns and tans intermingled with the new green. An old leaf entwined in the grasp of last years out of control weeds. What really caught my eye was the way the sun was playing in between all of these intricate lines. Gorgeous, gorgeous light. If you can't tell, I love backlight. The really great rim of light you get that illuminates the edges of your subject. Ahhh. Spring is here, most definitely. Even though today I found it in shades of brown instead of green.

Info:
Grass Gone Wild #1: ISO 100, f2.0, 1/180. Layered duped and set to Overlay. General Curves.
(Don't you love the foreground on this one?)

Grass Gone Wild #2: ISO 100, f2.0, 1/250. Curves adjustments. A little saturation.

Grass Gone Wild #3: ISO 100, f2.0, 1/250. Curves adjustments. A little saturation.

No comments: