Friday, April 17, 2009

Reflections







A really good friend of mine,and uber-talented as well – vada-voom.com, makes outstanding images. I've noticed how he looks at things that other people don't even notice. Like the reflections in a puddle of water. A couple holding hands, or giving each other a kiss. You don't even see the flesh and blood people, but just their reflection in the mirrored pool. It is a step up in the artistic realm, to me. Most people would just take the shot of the couple, but he looks beyond that for the artistry.

So last night as I was enjoying the gorgeous weather, I saw my 2-year-old putzing around in the water in our driveway. He walked away and left his little sailboat to drift. I noticed the reflection right away. I took the shot and a theme popped into my head. So then I saw the trees in the same puddle. Then I glanced at the van and saw a few more. One shot in the side windows, and the other off the hood.

Looking for art in unexpected places is a pretty cool endeavor. So I challenge myself to keep looking for the unordinary. Push beyond the norm.

Info (Curves, Saturation bumped on all, but that's it):
Boat Reflection: ISO 400, f 2.8, 1/500. Curves, Saturation bumped.
Tree Reflection 1, Puddle: ISO 100, f2.0, 1/180 (And I'm pretty sure I had a screw-on closeup lens on there...)
Tree Reflection 2, Side Windows: ISO 400, f 5.6, 1/90
Tree Reflection 3, Van Hood: ISO 100, f 2.0, 1/500

No comments: