Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Backyard Art- LIVE!





{Before I even start, I need to let everyone know that I have been lazy. Lazy and tired. My kids have been sick for nearly 2 weeks. No excuses, but just so you know. I'm going to try to get back on the Art Wagon!}

I am a bird freak. I confess. And lately, anything that moves in our backyard has been of particular interest to me. I love that all of the migratory birds are back. Grosbeaks, finches, hummingbirds, redstarts, you name it, I try to get my camera aimed in their direction.

My dog also likes the critters in our yard. He has a special soft spot for chipmunks. The little guy shown here must have been staring at our Deuce for nearly 10 minutes before the kids and I walked by to distract the dog and he made his getaway. They are so cute!

Although their beauty is obvious, it is fleeting. The birds are here for such a short while (in Minnesota anyway), and the chipmunks scurry under decks, lawnmowers and hosta leaves so you can't ever really get a close up look. So I consider myself very fortunate to get these photos. I can stare at the delicate wings and chubby, hairy cheeks all I want. What an artful bunch we have in our backyard. I hope they visit for years to come.

No comments: