Monday, May 18, 2009

Artful Classics {In the Flower Sense}




Aren't flowers just beautiful? Especially in the Springtime when they are new and fresh. I planted all of my annuals yesterday in several large pots that sit outside our house. I'm crossing my fingers that the weather stays a little warmer and I don't have to cover them against frost.

These beauties are flowers here at work. The very popular [but very messy, in my opinion] Flowering Crab Apple tree. And another likeable standard, the tulip. So, basically I wanted to give a little credit to some oldies but goodies in this post. Sure they are seen in hundreds of yards in nearly every state, but there's a reason for that. They are beautiful, fragrant, and above all, they are art.

4 comments:

Jodi Schwen: aka, Jacqueline Pine Savage @jackypine said...

I like the way you remind us that sometimes art becomes messy (flowering crab apple!) and that's okay.
Your examples still help to open my eyes to notice "arty" subjects in my world. Thanks!

And I love your new blog heading!

LakeLover said...

I love the tulip pictures - while there are definitely many photos of tulips that appear every spring, you've captured the earthy newness of them, and they give the feel of a dewy, cool spring morning. I love the colours too! If you are willing to share, I'd love to use it as my wallpaper!

Hollee said...

You are awesome. Period!!

The first two are my favorites of the three, although they all rock!

Andrea Baumann said...

LakeLover,
You are more than welcome to use the tulip pic for a background. Thanks for the compliments (and for asking... that was kind of you!).

ab