Monday, March 30, 2009

The Premier Post


So this is my premier post at Art Each Day.

First I need to give a little background. I am an Art Director by profession (and a mother and wife by sheer grace). I design two regional publications. The company I work for also functions as a mini ad agency, so I get my fill of websites, logos, brochures, etc. as well. I love the work I do. But lately I have found that although I design and produce great work, I feel a little empty inside at the end of the day. I took a photography workshop this last weekend, and was re-inspired. But not to reinvigorate my work "at work," but rather to do a few art-based things for myself. So that's where this blog is stemming from. I will not claim to be the greatest writer, so come here to look at the art! BUT [disclaimer ahead] I may bust out a few lines, if it strikes me as that kind of art day. Since, after all, writing is a high form of art in my book. You may like what you see, you may not. I am an artist at heart, and have had a lot of creative criticism, so go ahead and give me your thoughts. Thanks for coming by, and I hope you can be inspired to do something, anything, you love to do each day.

Without further ado, my first post on a gray, cloudy, cold day in March. I call this one simply, "Crusty Rake." Because, well, it's a crusty old rake. Sitting outside the door at work, about 8 a.m.

Lots of Photoshop adjustment layers. Hue/Sat, Curves, Levels, etc. General data: shot with my "nifty 50" 50mm 1.8 Canon lens, RAW format, f 2.8, 1/250, ISO 200.


No comments: